Players who try out at rookie minicamps without a contract are the longest of long shots to make it in the NFL. Five players who tried out at the Redskins' minicamp this weekend have a chance to have a chance. The Redskins announced that they have signed the following tryout players.
- WR Brian Herndandez, Utah
- DL Delvin Johnson, Marshall
- WR Samuel Kirkland, Kent State
- OL Nick Martinez, Oklahoma State
- TE Beau Reliford, Florida State
To make room for the new signees, the Redskins released Hawaii NT Vaughn Meatoga and Southern Miss WR Kelvin Bolden.