Here are some quick Redskins-related thoughts to get your morning going.
- The Redskins report for training camp one month from today and their first practice is a month from tomorrow. That break between minicamp and training camp is flying by.
- I’m in the process of projecting the 53-man roster (look for the series starting soon). There are going to be some very tough decisions to make just about everywhere. Quarterback and the defensive line seem to be the only areas where the cuts will be relatively easy.
- As of now, I have five or six of the nine 2012 draft picks making it and eight of the 12 picks from last year.
- Just picture Ed Hochuli reading these tie-breaking procedures.
- In case you missed it over the weekend, the Redskins are almost $7 million under the salary cap despite the $18 million cap penalty. Obviously the hit didn’t kill them but it likely made them backload some deals and they don’t like to do that.
- My new colleague Tarik El-Bashir officially starts working for CSN today. Since there isn’t much need to double team Redskins coverage this week, he’ll be spending a good chunk of his week at Congressional covering Tiger’s tournament. But I’ll try to get him to drop by to say hi.