A few quick thoughts to get you rolling on this Wednesday morning.
- One Redskins player you’re not going to hear much out of this year is Keenan Robinson. He will be learning the inside linebacker position, one of the toughest to master on the defense. Robinson might see the field some playing special teams but he is unlikely to get much action in defense.
- O. J. Atogwe’s contract with the Eagles calls for him to get the league veteran minimum of $825,000 with $100,000 of that guaranteed. With incentives, he could earn a total of $1.15 million. That’s quite a haircut from his contract with the Redskins, which could have paid him up to $4 million this year.
- The Redskins have 12 wide receivers on the 90-man roster. That seems like a lot but considering they are likely to keep six of them on the roster it’s not out of line at all and seems to be fairly typical. The Eagles also have 12 WR’s on their roster and the Cowboys and Giants are carrying 11.
- One position of my roster prediction has been posted and already a 2012 draft pick is projected to be released. Competition is going to be fierce.
- Four of the last five Super Bowl winners finished the regular season in the top three in the NFL in sacks. Mike Shanahan knows of what he speaks when he says that defense “happens with the pass rush”.
Also, the Nats bats get hot in record fashion, the heat is coming back, and should the Lions, or any NFL team, lose draft picks if they don’t exercise better institution control.
Days until: Rookies report 19; training camp 29; preseason opener @ Bills 43; Redskins @ Saints 74; home opener vs. Bengals 88